Online Services

Register your vehicle online!

Most cars, trucks and motorcycles purchased from a Nevada dealer are eligible. Get Started or see Nevada Dealer Sales.

This page is available in Spanish.


MyDMV logo

As you scroll through our available services, you'll see this logo next to certain transactions. These transactions require you to sign up for a free and secure MyDMV account, which allows you to manage your ID and vehicle records in one place.

MyDMV accounts no longer require a password. You will receive a one-time passcode by email to log in to your account.

Need to delete your MyDMV account? Visit this link to submit a request for account deletion.
NOTE: This can help resolve login issues with accounts you no longer have access to.

Driver License & ID Cards

Online Services


Online Services


Appointments are required at our metropolitan offices to help us manage customer volumes while we face staffing challenges. Walk-in services are offered every week on Wednesdays at our Reno, Decatur, Sahara, Flamingo, and Henderson offices. Carson City does not offer walk-in services.

DMV Office Appointment (Carson City, Henderson, Las Vegas and Reno)

Drive Test Appointments

Motor Carrier Appointments and Online Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a Real ID, driver's license or ID card online?

No, an office visit is required. We must see your original proof of identity documents for a Real ID or for a First Time License or ID.

Visit to determine whether a Real ID is right for you. You can get your Real ID at the same time you are registering a vehicle or completing another DMV transaction.

The Vehicle Registration Renewal gives me an error code.

There are a number of reasons why you may receive an error code in the Registration Renewal:

  • The license plate number must be entered with no spaces or special characters.
  • Your vehicle requires a smog check. Emission tests are annual in Nevada and required upon the third registration in the Las Vegas and Reno areas.
  • If you have Classic Vehicle, Classic Rod or Old Timer plates, you must renew in-person or by mail to claim the emissions exemption. You must submit an Odometer Certification (EC 018) form and the Declarations page from your insurance policy showing you have classic vehicle insurance. See Classic Vehicle plates.
  • You're trying to renew too early. Your vehicle is eligible for online renewal approximately 35 days before expiration.
  • Your registration is suspended, canceled or you have unpaid parking tickets or bad debt with the DMV.

Check your Registration and Insurance Status.

How do you know I completed my smog check and have insurance?

This information is sent to DMV electronically. The renewal will not be accepted if an emission test is required and a valid result has not been received, or if your registration is suspended for a lapse in insurance coverage.  See Emissions or Insurance for more information.

My registration is expired and/or the car is in the shop. What do I do?

Sign on to MyDMV. If your vehicle is listed in your account, you can obtain a movement permit online to drive the vehicle for testing or a smog check.

If you have not otherwise operated the vehicle on public streets, you can complete an Affidavit of Non-Operation during the online renewal to avoid late fees. See also Registration Renewal Options and Movement Permits.

How do I use my tax exemption when I renew my vehicle registration?

Exemptions are issued by County Assessors. The DMV has a system to verify the amount of certain exemptions so that you may use them in online renewals. The following exemptions may be used online:

  • Veterans (including donations to the Veterans Home Account)
  • Surviving Spouses
  • Blind

Active-duty military members, their spouses, Native American tribal members and farmers and ranchers may be entitled to tax exemptions but these cannot be claimed online.

See Registration Renewal Options for forms and instructions.

I did not receive a renewal notice. What do I do?

The most common cause of this is an incorrect address. Sign on to MyDMV to see your status, change your address and renew your registration. You can use the online Registration and Insurance Status Inquiry to check your registration only.

You may renew at a kiosk or in person at a DMV office.

You may also email your license plate or driver license number and current address, call for instructions or renew in person at a DMV office. If we do not have your correct address, we will ask you to mail or fax a Change of Address Application with your renewal.

If you renew a registration online prior to changing your address, your documents will be sent to the address we have on record. The DMV will charge a small fee for substitute decals.

If you have received a postcard asking you to renew your driver's license in person, you must renew at a DMV office. You may wish to upgrade to a Real ID when you renew.

It is your responsibility to renew on time regardless of whether you have received a notice.

I am out of the state. Can I renew online? If not, how can I renew?

Please keep your address current with us as you travel. Sign up for MyDMV and change your address online. If we do not have your correct address, you may not receive the documents.

Driver License/ID Card: Most drivers age 16 to 70 and ID card holders of all ages may renew online. See Driver License Renewal or ID Card Renewal. Driver Authorization Cards must be renewed in person.

If you have received a post card stating you must renew in person, you must do so.

Registration: You can renew online if your vehicle does not require a smog check. The registration slip and decal will be sent to the address we have on file.

If your vehicle requires a smog check and you cannot have it done in Nevada, you cannot renew online. Please renew by mail or fax. See Renewal Options.

Why were my registration fees charged online higher than those listed on the renewal notice?

Your renewal was late and the system automatically added in the appropriate late fees. Nevada registrations expire on the exact date listed on the registration slip and renewal notice, not at the end of the month. There are no extra charges for renewing online.

I completed an online renewal but did not receive my registration decal or driver license.

An incorrect address is the most common cause of this and DMV will assess a small fee to issue new documents. You may change your address through MyDMV. See Address Changes.

Your registration or license record was updated upon completion of the online renewal and will show current to law enforcement.

Please wait at least two weeks for your renewal to arrive. If it has not arrived within 28 days, please email your current address and plate or driver license number, call (702) 486-4368 option 1 in Las Vegas or (775) 684-4368 option 1 in Reno or visit a DMV office.

If the DMV has your correct address, you may apply for a duplicate online or at a kiosk. See Duplicate Registration. If you are not sure whether your renewal was completed, you can check the registration status online.

I don't have a credit or debit card.

We offer a number of choices:

  • Pay directly from your checking account by electronic check.
  • Pay with cash at DMV offices. Use a kiosk if possible.
  • Pay for a vehicle registration renewal by check or money order at an emission inspection station which offers this service.
  • Use the mail and send a check or money order for the exact amount.

I have a question you have not answered here.

Please contact us. Be sure to include your license plate or driver license number and other information needed to research your request.

Payment and Security

credit cards

There is no extra charge for DMV online services. DMV accepts Visa, MasterCard, or Discover or E-Check. We encourage you to use E-Check to save your taxpayer dollars through reduced fees.

You must have cookies and JavaScript enabled for transactions that require payment. Web browsers must be compatible with TLS 1.2 security. Older browsers may return error messages.

Imitator Websites

Please be aware of imitator websites that are not affiliated with state government.

If you are completing a paid transaction with the Nevada DMV, the web address in your browser should begin with or


If you have been a victim of an imitator site and wish to file a complaint, please contact the Federal Trade Commission.

Be sure you see a confirmation screen similar to this one at the end of transactions that require payment. Print this or make note of the Transaction Confirmation Number.

Confirmation Screen Shot
Online transaction confirmation page