General Services and Written Tests
Appointments are available at the offices in Carson City, Henderson, Las Vegas and Reno.
Rural offices are walk-in based except for drive tests. See Locations for a list of all offices.
Online Booking Only - Appointments for general services can be booked through this web page only! Please do not call or send an email.
You may obtain a vehicle movement permit at any office without an appointment.
See Online Services and Kiosks before you book an appointment. Appointments are accepted only for transactions that cannot be done through alternative solutions. Others are subject to cancellation.
Personalized Plate Pickups - Make an appointment to pick up your plates soon after ordering them. Please do not make an appointment at an office other than where your plates were sent.
Appointments for Drive Tests at all offices can be booked online below or by telephone. You must call or visit an office to change or cancel a drive test.
Urban area customers are discouraged from driving to rural offices for service. They may be turned away if the offices are at their maximum service capacity.
Make Your Appointment
See Locations if you missed an appointment due to recent office closures.
- Do not use this for a drive test!
- Appointments are available up to 90 days away.
- Choose the most similar transaction if yours is not listed.
- One customer per appointment. Non-transferable.
- You must have a valid instruction permit to schedule online.
- Drive tests are available up to 60 days away.
- If your permit is expired, visit your local DMV office.
- To change or cancel your test, visit an office or call.
All customers must check in at the Information counter and be in the building prior to closing. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
Business/Commercial Services - Do not schedule an appointment here. See Commercial Driver License, Motor Carrier and Occupational & Business Licensing for commercial services and locations. Dealers and registration services should use established procedures.
Have Your Transaction Ready!
Make sure you have all of the required documentation.
Complete the licensing application before you are called for a driver license, ID Card or Driver Authorization Card transaction.
Look for the yellow form at the office or download it here.
Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (DMV 002):
English | Spanish | Tagalog
Real ID & Refund
Check your existing Nevada license or ID card for a gold star in the upper right corner. If it's there, you already have a Real ID.
If not, visit these pages to see if a Real ID is right for you! You can upgrade to a Real ID at the same time you complete another transaction, even a car registration.
The DMV is also issuing cash refunds of Technology Fees paid in 2020 and 2021. Ask for yours while you're at the office.
Skip the Trip!
Here are some transactions you can do online. See All Online Services and Kiosks.
- Address Change
- Driver History Printout
- Driver License or ID Card Renewal | Duplicate
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Original Registration (vehicles purchased from a Nevada dealer)
- Movement Permits (vehicles with an existing Nevada registration)
- Personalized License Plate Orders
- Duplicate Registration or License Plate Decal
- Insurance Issues/Reinstatement