Make your appointment Top ↑
- Do not use this for a drive test!
- Manually scroll forward up to 90 days to see availability.
- Choose the most similar transaction if yours is not listed.
- One customer per appointment. Non-transferable.
- DMV will verify your identity at the office.
Driving Skills Test
- You must have a valid instruction permit to schedule online.
- Carson City and rural offices serve local residents only.
- If your permit is expired, contact your local DMV office to schedule a test.
- To change or cancel your test, visit the office or call.
All customers must check in at the Information counter and be in the building prior to closing. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
Face Masks Required - Customers must wear face masks. The DMV observes the social distancing limits set by Nevada counties. Please stay home if you are not well.
Customers and Necessary Assistants Only - Only customers and handicapped assistants, interpreters/translators, parents of teen drivers and similar helpers will be allowed inside.
We do not accept appointments from dealers or third-party registration services. Companies should use the established procedures.
Have your transaction ready! Top ↑
Make sure you have all of the required documentation.
Complete the licensing application before you are called for a driver license, ID Card or Driver Authorization Card transaction.
Look for the yellow form at the office or download it here.
Real ID Top ↑
Check your existing Nevada license or ID card for a gold star in the upper right corner. If it's there, you already have a Real ID.
If not, visit these pages to see if a Real ID is right for you! You can upgrade to a Real ID at the same time you complete another transaction, even a car registration.
Skip the Trip! Top ↑
- Address Changes
- Driver History Printout
- Driver License Renewal | ID Card Renewal | Duplicates
- Vehicle Registration Renewals
- Original Registration (vehicles purchased from a Nevada dealer)
- Movement Permits (vehicles with an existing Nevada registration)
- Personalized License Plate Orders
- Duplicate Registration or License Plate Decal
- Insurance Issues/Reinstatements