Make your appointment Top ↑
- Do not use this for a drive test!
- Manually scroll forward up to 90 days to see availability.
- Choose the most similar transaction if yours is not listed.
- One customer per appointment.
Driving Skills Test
- You must have a valid instruction permit to schedule online.
- Carson City and rural offices serve local residents only.
- If your permit is expired, contact your local DMV office to schedule a test.
- To change or cancel your test, visit the office or call.
All customers must check in at the Information counter and be in the building prior to closing. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
Face Masks Required - Customers must wear face masks. The DMV observes social distancing and limits the number of people in the building to 50% percent of capacity. Please stay home if you are not well.
We do not accept appointments from dealers or third-party registration services. Companies should use the established procedures.
Voter Registration Top ↑
If you are new to Nevada and unable to get your Nevada driver license or identification card at this time, you are still eligible to register and vote in Nevada.
Your paper application must be turned in to your County Clerk or mailed with a postmark date by October 6th in order to be registered in time for the upcoming General Election.
For more information or to print an application, please visit the Nevada Secretary of State’s website.
Have your transaction ready! Top ↑
Make sure you have all of the required documentation.
Complete the licensing application before you are called for a driver license, ID Card or Driver Authorization Card transaction.
Look for the yellow form at the office or download it here.
Skip the Trip! Top ↑
- Address Changes
- Driver History Printout
- Vehicle Registration Renewals
- Original Registration (vehicles purchased from a Nevada dealer)
- Movement Permits (vehicles with an existing Nevada registration)
- Personalized License Plate Orders
- Duplicate Registration or License Plate Decal | Duplicate Title
- Insurance Issues/Reinstatements
Real ID Top ↑
Check your existing Nevada license or ID card for a gold star in the upper right corner. If it's there, you already have a Real ID.
If not, visit these pages to see if a Real ID is right for you!