Address Changes

We do not accept any address changes by email. Address changes on Commercial Driver Licenses must be completed in person.

Why Is This Important?

Nevada law requires motorists to notify DMV of a change of address within 30 days of the move, including residents who are leaving the state permanently.

Keeping your address current with us is important as we mail your official documents and correspondence to the address we have on file, and USPS mail forwarding does not apply to DMV documents.

You may list separate mailing and residence addresses.

web location pin and dolly with boxes


Be sure to select/include your driver's license AND your vehicles. Have your license plates number(s) ready. Vehicle addresses are not changed automatically.

  • Online


    Change your address online with a MyDMV account. You'll receive a new license or ID in the mail. You also have the option of ordering duplicate registration certificates.

    Take a moment to create your account and get access to your license and vehicle records all in one place. MyDMV is address changes and much more!

    Get Started!
  • In Person

    In Person

    You can complete a change of address in person at any DMV office. The new license or ID will be mailed to you. Registration Certificates are issued at the office.

    The fee for an address change only is $3.25. If you are upgrading to a Real ID, the fee is $8.25 for a driver's license, $7.25 for an ID card or $12.25 for a commercial license.

    Use the following application for in-person address changes:

    Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card (DMV 002):
    English  |  Spanish  |  Tagalog

    Updated Registration Certificates are optional. You may write your new address on the existing certificate. If you wish to order a new certificate and/or license plate decal, the cost is $5 for each vehicle.


    DMV Office Locations
  • Off-Highway Vehicles

    Off-Highway Vehicles

    OHV address changes are completed and mailed on a separate form. Complete the OHV Change of Address Notification (OHV 010). Do not submit this at a DMV office.

    All About OHVs in Nevada

Registration Renewal

Use MyDMV if your vehicle registration is due and you must change your address. Create a MyDMV account, change your address and renew online in just a few simple steps.

Vehicle registration renewals completed through the Internet or emission inspection stations are sent to the address on record for the vehicle. The U.S. Postal Service will not forward the Registration Certificate and decal. A forwarding order with the Postal Service does not change your address with the DMV.

If your registration is due or expired, you may renew at a DMV kiosk and complete the address change afterward. You do not need a renewal notice to obtain an emission inspection or renew.

If you have already completed the renewal, you will have to apply for a substitute decal. You may change your address and order a duplicate through MyDMV.

You may also renew or obtain a substitute decal in person at any DMV office. See Renewal Options.

Real ID

As of May 7, 2025, the federal government will require your driver's license or ID card to be Real ID compliant if you wish to use it as identification to board an aircraft or enter federal facilities where ID is required.

If you have not upgraded to a Real ID, you may wish to visit a DMV office to change your address and upgrade at the same time. See the Real ID Act in Nevada for requirements.

A Real ID compliant license or ID must contain the holder's physical address on the face of the card, even if there is a separate mailing address.