Offices with Skills Testing
These offices offer all CDL services.
You must pass any required knowledge test and entry-level driver training before scheduling a skills test. Use the office phone numbers listed only to schedule a skills test.
3920 Idaho Street
Elko, NV 89801
North Las Vegas
4110 Donovan Way
North Las Vegas, NV 89801
(702) 486-5664 option 7
890 Trademark Dr.
Reno, NV 89521
Reno CDL Map
3505 Construction Way
Winnemucca, NV 89445
** Review the following requirements carefully if you will be taking your skills test at a DMV office. **
Skills Test Requirements
- Applicant must have valid Driver’s License and Commercial Learner Permit
- Applicant must have completed any required Entry-Level Driver Training
- Vehicle Inspection: Please bring your own pointer to identify all vehicle parts for the Vehicle Inspection.
- Valid Registration for vehicle and any trailer
- **Lease or Rental Agreement ** (Please let DMV know if vehicle is being leased or rented for a full list of requirements)
- The vehicle and any trailer must each have a manufacture vehicle identification plate that contains the vehicle's Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR).
- All vehicles must be empty. Placarded tankers must provide a purge certificate. No loaded vehicles will be allowed.
- Vehicle Insurance:
- Nevada Evidence of Insurance
- Ensure that at least one name on the vehicle registration appears on the owner’s Evidence of Insurance.
- Registration can be from out of state with Nevada insurance.
- An SR-22 is not acceptable for proof of insurance.
- Appointment Check In:
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to check in. Bring all items required for Skills Test when you check in. If applicant is not on time or is unable to meet all requirements by scheduled time of appointment, the appointment will be canceled and rescheduling will be subject to the DMV’s availability.
If the vehicle(s) GVWR/GCWR cannot be verified by using the manufacture vehicle identification plate, the driver will be required to reschedule and obtain another vehicle(s) with a verifiable GVWR/GCWR. This is used to determine what class of license is needed to operate the vehicle combination. The vehicle must be a representative vehicle of the vehicle that the driver intends to operate.
The actual loaded weight (GVW and GCW) cannot be used to determine GCWR for the purpose of determining whether the test vehicle is representative of a Class A combination vehicle. This method of determining the GCWR is limited to roadside enforcement only.
Federal regulations on weight: 49 CFR §383.5 and §390.5 define GVWR as the value “specified by the manufacturer as the loaded weight of a single motor vehicle”. There is nothing in the rule that defines how the manufacturer must specify the GVWR. However, 49 CFR §567.4 Requirements for manufacturers of motor vehicles, requires that the manufacturer attach a plate/label to the vehicle which contains the GVWR. You may use the manufacturer’s GVWR plate or VIN to verify the GVWR. If both are missing from the vehicle, the vehicle cannot be used for test purposes. If the vehicle has been structurally modified to carry a heavier load by a secondary manufacturer, the GVWR can be verified by the “proof of modification” documentation provided by the manufacturer.
Offices without Skills Testing
These offices offer all commercial driver’s license transactions except driving skills tests. Hours may vary in remote locations.
480 Campton Street
Ely, NV 89301
3030 S. Needles Hwy., Suite 100
Laughlin, NV 89029
550 W. Pioneer Blvd., Suite 120
Mesquite, NV 89027
1780 E. Basin Ave., Suite 1
Pahrump, NV 89060
1137 S. Main St., Suite C-8
Tonopah, NV 89049