$25 of the initial fee and $20 of the annual renewal supports the Professional Fire Fighters of Nevada Benevolent Association.
You must meet the requirements below and listed on the Application (SP 41).
These plates are in stock at DMV offices.
You may order personalized plates in person, by mail or by fax. Use the Online Plate Search to search for available plate numbers.
Learn More about ordering.
Professional Firefighter Qualifications
You must show reasonable proof of identity and documentation as a professional full-time salaried firefighter, or status as a former professional full-time salaried firefighter with at least ten years of service. Applicants for new plates must also complete an SP 41 Application.
Documentation includes the following:
- An identification card issued by the Professional Fire Fighters of Nevada
- An identification card issued by the Nevada Fire Chiefs Association.
- An identification card issued by a professional firefighter, chiefs organization or association from any other jurisdiction
- A letter certifying the applicant’s current or former employment as a professional full-time salaried firefighter, which letter must be from:
- The Professional Fire Fighters of Nevada
- The Nevada Fire Chiefs Association
- A professional firefighter or chiefs organization or association from any other jurisdiction
- The chief officer of a federal or state agency, the duties of which involve the prevention and suppression of fires, including the Bureau of Land Management and the Nevada Division of Forestry.